Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MRT delay

This morning I alighted at Outram Park station as usual to take the North-East line to Harbour Front station. I was a bit surprised to find that the MRT was packed to the doors with people but didn't think much about it initially. I thought I would just wait for the next train so I just proceeded further down the platform away from the escalators. The train was not as full there and as it did not show any signs of moving, I decided to just board it. It was only while waiting for the train to move that I realized that something was wrong. However, there were no announcements on the cause of delay, only that the trains will be slightly delayed.

It was getting hot as more and more people packed into the train but I could only wait as I was just one stop away from my destination and thought the delay would be resolved soon. I ended up waiting about 15 minutes before the train finally started moving. When I reached the office, I got to know that a few of my colleagues were also caught in the delay and stuck for more than 45 mins. I think there should have been announcements to inform commuters how long the delay was expected to be, and alternative transportation arranged as well. Hopefully this will not happen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment