Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Today is the first day of the Lunar New Year. As my father had to work today, we had to wait for him to come home from work before proceeding to our relatives' houses to 拜年. I knew we wouldn't need to go out early so I only slept at about 3 am last night and woke up at almost noon :P

We only reached my 1st Uncle's house at around 4.30pm. Our relatives had just left so it was rather quiet. My grandma kept urging us to eat the New Year goodies even though we were not hungry. She took out a box of 肉干 and said there were too many people just now so she didn't offer it to them, only to us. Ha ha... didn't know my grandma liked bak kwa so much :) After chatting for a while, we left for my paternal grandma's house at Hougang. She also brought out New Year goodies, but we only wanted drinks as the weather was rather warm and humid. We watched tv for a while before proceeding home.

Our routine was to have fast food for dinner, since most food stalls and restaurants were closed. However, as we couldn't decide which fast food to eat, we drove to West Mall on our way home. We finally decided to take away the fast food, so that we could order from whichever fast food we wanted and also enjoy the tv programs while eating. I went with my 小妹 to order at Mos Burger first, before calling my father to ask him what he wanted at KFC. It was only then that we found out that he had already bought at Burger King when he saw that there was a long queue at KFC. So we headed home to enjoy our meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment