Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to myself! :D

This morning my sis went to buy Subway sandwiches and soya milk from Mr Bean for our breakfast. My father's company had subsidized tickets for the movie "Ah Boys to Men" for today so my father had reserved 5 tickets for our family.Usually I don't watch local productions, especially Jack Neo's, but I just went along since it's supposed to be part of my birthday celebration.

We reached Vivocity at about 12.30 and went to collect the tickets from the organizer. The allocated seats were rather close to the screen (4th row from the front), maybe because we were later than others in getting the tickets. We were also given a voucher each for a box of popcorn, a cup of coke and nachos/hotdog bread, but we were still full from our heavy breakfast so we only redeemed 3 out of 5 vouchers.

The movie was supposed to start at 1pm but only really started at about 1.20pm after the usual advertisements and trailers. The movie was ok and I must admit that I felt a little sad at the beginning when Singapore was under attack. However, the rest of the movie was rather typical of Jack Neo's style, though non-locals would probably not be able to understand all the humor. I was also surprised at the end when I found out that this show was only part 1 of the movie.

After the movie, we went shopping around Vivocity. We then went for early dinner as we only had some popcorns and nachos during the movie. We took some time to decide what to eat and finally settled on Brotzeit as we wanted to try something different. We ordered the Brotzeit Platter to share and chose Roasted Potatoes and Napkin Dumplings as the side dishes. The food was good but we felt a bit 腻 towards the end as it was full of meat.


After dinner, we continued shopping till about 9pm before going home. Managed to buy some clothes so at least the time spent shopping was not wasted :P So my birthday passed just like that and I'm older by a year now *sob* XD

No comments:

Post a Comment