Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

小花 and I decided to watch a movie today, partly because we missed one last Friday and we have a few movies that we wanted to watch, and partly because tickets only cost $6.50 on Tuesdays.

Ever since we saw the trailer for "My Sister's Keeper", we have decided that it would be one of the movies to watch. And we were not disappointed by our choice. It was a really touching movie and many scenes made tears well up in my eyes. This movie was rather special as it was from the viewpoints of the different family members. I think this allowed the audience to have a better perspective of how they really feel.

The movie brought up a very good point: Should the parents have "created" Anna to try and save Kate who was sick? It's definitely unfair to Anna, but I think it's also understandable for the parents to want to try all means to cure Kate. I guess there isn't any right or wrong answer, just that the parents should not just focus all their attention on the sick child and neglect the other siblings.

Back home, I did a search and found that although the movie followed the story of the novel quite closely, the ending was totally different. Now I'm interested to read the book so as to compare which ending I like better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment