Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Avatar

It has been some time when 小花 and I last watched a movie so we decided to go to the subsidized movie event organized by our company tonight. The movie was scheduled at 7pm but as I wanted to buy a last minute Christmas present, I told 小花 that I would go over to VivoCity first and meet her at the cinema later. I thought I would just need 10 mins to grab a box of chocolates at Candy Empire but to my shock, the queue was so long that I decided not to wait. As 小花 had to cover a colleague who was on leave, she could not leave the office on time and we were about 10 mins late for the show. However, as this movie "Avatar" was almost 3 hrs long, we did not miss too much and could still catch the story line.

I think the plot was rather realistic, even though there were some "fantasy" characters. Humans often resort to violence and destruction just to get what they want. In the process, nature is disrupted and harm is often caused to the environment and living beings. I also enjoyed the 3D effects and the scenes in the movie were really beautiful.

After the movie, 小花 helped me select a box of chocolates at Cocoa Trees for a gift. I actually wanted to pay $1 more for the wrapping service but there was a long queue (again!) so I decided not to wait. Think many people were also doing last minute Christmas shopping. We then headed over to McDonalds for dinner before going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment