Saturday, December 12, 2009

Long Day

Today is a Saturday but could not sleep in as I had to attend a church wedding at Adam Road. The invitation card stated that guests should be seated by 9.45 am so 小花 and I decided to meet at 9.30 am in case we were late. We were waiting for the ceremony to start at around 10 am when I asked 小花 if anyone would notice if we left earlier. I was rather sleepy and was afraid that I would doze off in the middle of the ceremony. Besides, we felt out of place as we were not Christians and we also did not know any one there. In the end, we decided to leave before the ceremony started :P

HC was on her way to the church so we informed her that we would be leaving first. She asked us to wait for her so that she can just drop off her red packet and leave with us. We ended up having "breakfast" at Holland Village but as I already had mine, I only ate some dim sum. Later, HC dropped us off at Bouna Vista MRT station, where we took a train down to Bugis to do some Christmas shopping.

We headed to Sim Lim Square first as I thought of looking around to see if there were any suitable Christmas gifts. I bought an adjustable notebook cooler table for Tulip as she had mentioned that she didn't have a proper table for her notebook. We walked around for some time but our feet were starting to ache as we were not wearing comfortable shoes for walking since we had to attend the church wedding earlier. We went to a nearby KFC to rest our feet before heading over to Iluma shopping mall.

It was my first time there although it had already opened for some time :P We actually just wanted to look around by walking down from the top floor but we ended up spending most of the time in the arcade. We were especially interested in observing people play the UFO catchers as the soft toys were big and cute, and we saw quite a number of people manage to get them. I had seen some tips on playing the UFO catchers previously but have not tried them out yet. Maybe I'll give it a try when I'm in Japan next time as their soft toys seemed more well-stocked :)

Just to refresh my memory, here's an article cum video on UFO catcher techniques, as well as another Youtube video:



After that, we proceeded to Bugis Junction. As our feet were aching again, we decided to have our dinner first. We went to MOF and ordered a Grilled Unagi Onigiri, as well as a Soba set and a Udon set. As it was 小花's birthday month, we were given a complimentary dessert and 小花 chose Hokkaido ice-cream. We were very full from the meal so we walked around Bugis Junction for a while more before heading home. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in the MRT but luckily did not miss my stop :P

No comments:

Post a Comment