Saturday, September 12, 2009

Out on a Saturday!

Didn't really feel like going out today but was persuaded by my mum. We went to Clementi to collect photos that my sis had sent for developing. She went Hong Kong only for a few days and had more than 300 photos! I was suddenly reminded that I have yet to sort out my photos since the Switzerland trip with 小花 2 years ago... I'm so lazy :P

Later we went to the nearby Sakae Sushi for lunch. Haven't really eaten there for some time but we were a bit hungry and there weren't many other choices. They were also having a promotion where all coloured plates sushi, except for red and blue, were only $1 each, instead of the usual $2.29 each. We actually wanted to order some bento/ramen set to share but in the end only ordered sushi. We ordered 30 plates in total and were very full :)

My mum showed us a newspaper advertisement that there was a book sale at Funan. However, I noticed that the books were also on sale at the warehouse in Ang Mo Kio so I suggested going to the warehouse instead as I thought there would be more books. The address on the newspaper was "438 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10". As we were not very familiar with the area, my sis used the GPS on her handphone to give directions to my father, who was driving the car. We were rather puzzled when we ended up at Blk 438 instead. Then we realized that my sis should have searched for "438 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1" instead of "438 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10" and we all had a good laugh :)

Soon we reached the warehouse but it was really quiet. Either not many people were interested in the books sale (since Comex was held at Suntec on the same day), or most people went to Funan instead. My youngest sis had wanted to look for Harry Potter books but she was disappointed when she couldn't find any. As the books were not arranged in any particular order, it was rather difficult to look for what we wanted. I could only randomly pick out books with interesting titles and read the synopsis at the back to determine if I would like the stories. In the end, I only managed to pick out 3 books, which cost $5 each. At least managed to get something so that the trip was not wasted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment